The 5 Best Moments From Michelle Obama's Hilarious Interview on Ellen
Michelle Obama appears on the new episode of The Ellen Show today, which marks her first TV interview since leaving the White House. The episode is celebrating DeGeneres's 60th birthday, so the duo was in great spirits for their chat, resulting in some hilarious moments. Read on for our favorite fun facts we learned from the interview.
1. Obama got DeGeneres the funniest birthday gifts that referenced her past interviews on the show. "As you can see, I went to our favorite store," she said, showing a CVS basket. "I stole this basket so don't tell anybody. (The duo went to a CVS store for a segment last year.) The gifts included boxed wine and The Perfect Pushup, "so you don't lose a push-up competition again," Obama said.
2. Michelle joked that Former President Barack Obama isn't exactly happy with their post–White House home. "He still talks about this," Michelle said. "He got short-changed on this deal. He doesn't have enough closet space—sorry. He's got the smallest room for the office."
3. Sasha, on the other hand, got the better end of the deal. "Sasha actually killed in this house—she has this two-room suite," Obama said. "It’s all decked out. She’s got a living room area and bedroom. She designed it."
4. Obama said that Malia, who's currently at Harvard, doesn't even have her own space in the house. "Malia’s got a room in the attic somewhere. She's away at college—you don't waste rooms on college kids."
5. Obama revealed how she didn't know what to do with the gift she received from Melania Trump on Inauguration Day. "Everyone cleared out—there was no staff, no one would take the box. What do I do with the box? My husband saved the day and took the box inside."
Scroll down to watch the interview in full.