The mystery is finally solved. Kensington Palace confirms that Meghan Markle's beautiful wedding dress was designed by Clare Waight Keller of Givenchy. Other brands that had been suspected include Roland Mouret, who is a friend of Markle's and designed the dress she wore to her hotel last night; Ralph & Russo, who designed the dress Markle wore in her official engagement portraits; and Burberry, a quintessentially British brand.
So how much do you know about the designer who has everyone buzzing right now? Read on for five fun facts you didn't know about Keller and shop Givenchy for yourself.
1. Clare Waight Keller is the first female artistic director of Givenchy. While the brand is French, Keller herself is thoroughly British—she was born in England and went to school in London. She succeeded Riccardo Tisci, who moved on from Givenchy to Burberry.
2. She holds two different degrees. "Waight Keller studied for her BA at Ravensbourne College of Art," per Business of Fashion. "She gained her Masters in Fashion Knitwear at the Royal College of Art. Calvin Klein hired Waight Keller from university on the strength of her graduate collection."
3. She has won numerous awards. "Waight Keller was honored with the Scottish Fashion Award for Scottish Cashmere Designer of the Year in 2007; in 2016 she took home the Editor's Choice of the Year accolade at the Elle Style Awards," Business of Fashion reports.
4. Keller is 47 years old and was born in Birmingham, England, on August 19, 1970.
5. Her influence at Givenchy is far-reaching. "Her artistic directorship encompasses both men's and women's ready-to-wear and accessories collections; haute couture collections; the brand's global image; and childrenswear and sunglasses lines," per Business of Fashion.
Scroll down to shop 18 Givenchy pieces that will sell out because of Meghan Markle.