These Are the Only T-Shirts Fashion Girls Wear
Even if a T-shirt may sound like a “boring” piece to add to your wardrobe, it’s an absolute essential. Take if from this editor who wears a T-shirt nearly every day on the weekend but also makes a regular habit on layering them underneath blazers and leather jackets for the office—finding a truly great tee is an absolute must.
So, which T-shirts will you actually find lining the closets of fashion girls? To find out I went straight to the source and found out the exact T-shirts the most stylish women I know wear IRL. From baby tees to basic white styles, these are the tees you won’t want to pass up. Ahead, shop the best T-shirts for women that have earned a fashion-girl stamp of approval, starting at just $16. Scroll to the end to see which tee made it on my list. I promise you, it’s the softest T-shirt I have ever found and I’ve been wearing the same one for over five years.
Simone Kuhfal, PR Manager, Revolve and FWRD
"BABY TEES FOREVER! I'm a fairly minimal person when it comes to fashion so I have lots of these in my outfit rotation. I'll style one of these tees with a pair of boyfriend jeans, bold statement earrings, and booties!"
Sabina Socol, Journalist
"This is typically the perfect mid-season T-shirt that I love to wear. First of all, I'm obsessed with the ribbed fabric, because I feel like it truly gives off a vintage vibe. Secondly, the ballet-inspired shape of the neckline is very flattering, for the majority of body types. So, what's not to love?"
Devon Carlson, Co-Founder and Designer, Wildflower Cases
"I'd say 98% vintage and then the other 2% are..."
Angela Fink, Stylist
"My husbands Hanes T-shirt. It's boxy and oversized and looks amazing with a fitted pant and boots!"
Allison Bouis, PR and Events Manager, Shopbop
"I love a good graphic tee. They’re the perfect thing to throw on with a pair of denim and statement shoe for a casual look, or you can dress them up with an uber-feminine skirt or trouser for a night out."
Aemilia Madden, Senior Fashion Editor, The Zoe Report
Amy Lee, Senior Style Writer, ET
"An ideal tee for me has a slim fit with a high neckline that's polished when tucked into jeans and can be easily layered under dresses and jumpsuits without bunching."
"When it comes to truly basic tees, I love Lacausa's Luxe Frank Tee. It has just the right amount of heft that it hangs just the way I want it too. Plus, it's cut at the ideal length for tucking in to my favorite high-waisted jeans."
Katie Durko, Co-Founder, Edit Media Group
"I live in t-shirts! My go-to’s are: a classic plain black or white tee and a worn, vintage graphic tee. Both are easy to dress up or down, whether it be for casual days, office hours, or even nights out on the town."
Kristen Nichols, Associate Editor, Who What Wear
When it comes to fit, I prefer a boxy borrowed-from-the-boys top with a crew neck. This men's T-shirt from Alternative Apparel happens to be the perfect shape and I've never found a softer tee.