As an Atlanta native, I'm partial to a late-summer peach. (It’s one of the only things I can claim to have in common with Justin Bieber, actually.) And no offense to the fruit itself, but this year, my interest lies mostly in the lip-color form. From juicy, sheer shades to bright mattes, a peach lip is surprisingly versatile and undoubtedly summery—although, the color can absolutely be worn year-round, too.
One thing you may notice as you scroll, however, is that brands have wide-ranging perceptions about what color, exactly, a peach is—a conflict that actually works in our favor. Because some shades veer more on the pink side, others are more coral, and others are a bit more orange, you have your pick of the bushel. So no matter which version of “peach” you’re looking for, it can be found in this roundup of the 17 lip colors worth wearing during peak season and beyond.
1. Nars Lipstick in Orgasm
Did you know Nars’s best-selling Orgasm blush—you know, the cheekily named shimmery peach that looks perfect on everyone—also comes in lipstick form? Run, don’t walk.
2. Juvia's Place The Nude Velvety Matte Lipstick in In Vogue
Not only is this pretty matte shade designed to look fantastic on every skin tone, but thanks to the addition of hydrating hyaluronic acid, it stays creamy and velvety even after hours of wear.
3. Fenty Beauty Slip Shine Sheer Shiny Lipstick in Glazed
This sheer, glossy lipstick complements all skin tones and goes with just about every makeup look.
4. L'Oréal Paris Colour Riche Shine Lipstick in Shining Peach
This affordable favorite has just the right amount of sheen, and it's pretty much the platonic ideal of the barely there neutral.
5. Bobbi Brown Luxe Matte Lip Color in Just Bitten
This stunning pinky-peach is extra matte, but somehow doesn’t feel dry at all. What is this wizardry?!
6. Burt's Bees Moisturizing Matte Lip Crayon in Niagara Overlook
Few products are as convenient for on-the-go application as a crayon, and with jojoba oil and shea butter, it’s also extra-nourishing. But what else would you expect from the purveyor of one of the world’s best lip balms?
7. Charlotte Tilbury Hyaluronic Happikiss Lipstick Balm in Enchanting Kiss
Moisturizing and just sheer enough, this is the balm-lipstick hybrid you'll want to keep in every room, bag, and pocket within reach.
8. Gucci Beauty Rouge de Beauté Brillant Lipstick in My Cousin Rachel
From the printed tube to the moisturizing formula, this Gucci lipstick is, in a word, brilliant. And the color may be the most spot-on representation of “peach” we’ve seen.
9. Estée Lauder Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick in Eccentric
The shade makes a statement without being so over-the-top you can’t wear it every day, and the creamy formula keeps lips moisturized for up to six hours.
10. Nyx Professional Makeup Lip Lingerie XXL Smooth Matte Liquid Lipstick in Peach Flirt
Liquid lipsticks are known for their stamina, and this vegan formula lasts up to a whopping 16 hours.
11. Merit Shade Slick in Marrakesh
With this shade’s subtle peachy tint, moisturizing formula, and non-sticky feel, you won’t mind that it technically isn't a lipstick one bit.
12. Hourglass Confession Ultra Slim High Intensity Lipstick in No One Knows
Sleek and functional: The gold tube that houses this peachy-pink lipstick isn’t just nice to look at; it’s also refillable.
13. Almay Color & Care Lip Oil-in-Stick in Sweet Escape
This non-greasy balm imparts a sheer wash of Popsicle-like color that screams summer. Although, you’ll want to wear it 365 days a year.
14. Clé de Peau Beauté The Lipstick in Peach Stone
This shade is a little brighter than your average peach, and the luxe formula provides a smooth, plump finish.
15. Chanel Beauty Rouge Coco Flash Lipstick in Ferveur
There are sheer, glossy lipsticks, and then there are Chanel sheer, glossy lipsticks. With its just-bitten color, high-shine finish, and chic-as-can-be packaging, it’s one investment product that’s worth it.
16. MAC Cosmetics Satin Lipstick in Peachy New Year
If you prefer your peach to veer more orange than pink, this creamy (and hard-to-find!) color is for you.
17. Honest Beauty Lush Sheer Lip Crayon in Blossom
The trifecta of jojoba seed oil, shea butter, and murumuru butter makes this crayon ultra nourishing, while the color is one of those magical hues that seem to work on every skin tone.