5 Facts About Dion Lee’s New York Fashion Week Show
Dion Lee showcased his S/S 17 collection at New York Fashion Week overnight, and as one of the few Australian designers presenting, it was one of our most anticipated shows of the week and didn't disappoint. The collection featured neutral tones (white, navy, beige, black) with a pop of neon orange and a jewellery collaboration with Sarah & Sebastian.
Right before the show, we caught up with Dion Lee to find out five fast facts about the collection. This is what we learnt...
- This is the first season Dion Lee presented in New York since relocating the design studio from Sydney to Tribeca.
- S/S17 was inspired by kinetic art and features linear elements to create texture and movement.
- Dion Lee has a new venue this season, showing for the first time at Pier 59, a bleached white space, filled with natural light.
- Limited edition Dion Lee [EYE] styles will feature in the runway show. The eyewear will be available in exclusive retailers in February.
- Post show, Dion Lee + Woolmark launched the [SUIT] collection in an intimate gathering hosted at the Australian Ambassador’s Residence.
Keep scrolling to see our favourite looks straight from the runway and if you're feeling inspired, head over to Dion Lee to shop the current collection.