Use Your Tax Return to Splurge on These Seriously Cult Handbags
A girl's best friend is actually the handbag because it's the ultimate accessory. According to Forbes, if you're a woman aged between 18 and 45, then apparently you own an average of 13 bags from seven different brands. That's a lot of styles to choose from on a day to day basis. Should today be the day for the basket bag? The tote? The cross-body? All favourites but oh-so different. As it's the middle of the year, that only means one thing: Your tax return will be soon hitting your bank account. For a big treat to yourself, there couldn't be a better time to splurge on a handbag you love.
Before you make the decision, here's a quick checklist to make sure you're choosing the perfect handbag:
- It must suit your needs and fit the essentials you can't live without. Even if that just means your phone and your keys. Or on the contrary, your diary, a large wallet, and 10 lip balms you can't bear to leave at home.
- It must exceed the cost-per-wear rule. You've probably heard it before, if not, read up about it and apply the rule to everything you buy.
- Don't buy on impulse. Always sleep on it.
- It should go with most of the pieces in your wardrobe. Are you a monochrome dresser? Best to stick with a classic black. Love making a statement? Go bold.
- Most importantly, you must love it. So choose wisely.
Keep scrolling to see the street style inspiration we're loving and shop the drool-worthy handbags that are worth your attention.
Shop the Look
Opening image: Style Du Monde